Just as the Hasinai Indian girl named Angelina extended a "hand of friendship and welcome" to Spanish explorers in 1690, we welcome you to Angelina County, located in the heart of the East Texas pineywoods.
Angelina County Jail
2311 East Lufkin Ave.
Visitation Schedule for Inmates
|Male||2:00 P.M. - 5:30 P.M.||7:00 P.M. - 10:00 P.M.||8:00 A.M. - 11:00 A.M.|
|Female||12:30 P.M. - 2:00 P.M.||6:00 P.M. - 7:00 P.M.||1:00 P.M. - 2:30 P.M.|
Visitation is based on first come, first served basis.
Visitors may sign up 30 minutes before visitation starts and must be signed up 30 minutes before minutes before visitation ends.
- Each visitor must produce positive state issued identification. Government issued ID such as Driver's License or state issued ID.
- Visits will be limited to 30 minutes.
- Inmates can only have 2 visits per week.
- No more than two visitors will be allowed in visitation room at one time, however, within this guideline, the inmate may have several visitors within the thirty minute period.
- Each visitor must be logged into the visitation log by the visitation officer. Anyone not logged in will not be allowed to visit.
- Persons under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Any visitor who brings, or attempts to bring any unauthorized items into the jail may be permanently denied visitation in the Angelina County Jail, and may be subject to criminal prosecution. Unauthorized items include purses, handbags, backpacks, letters, notes, drugs, alcohol, cell/mobile phones, tobacco products, weapons, clothing intended for inmates, or any other article not authorized by this administration.
- A visit may be denied to any person if there is reason to believe the visit may not be in the best interest of the security and welfare of the jail facility. Vulgar language, gestures, and/or conduct you may direct toward anyone during visiting periods is a violation of rules, and will result in disciplinary action against you.
- All items must be purchased through commissary. i.e. (under garments, shoes, hygiene products, etc)
- Contact visits are not allowed.
- Inmate visitors must conduct themselves in an orderly manner and be appropriately clothed.
- Your attorney and minister will be allowed to visit you, upon presentation of proper identification, at any time, any day of the week. No visits will be permitted during meal time hours.
Note: If there exists any extenuating circumstances that require deviation from any of the above you must submit an inmate request form stating your needs and it will be evaluated.
Please review the list below, strict adherence must be followed.
- VISITATION SIGN UP WILL BEGIN 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO START TIME AND WILL END 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO END TIME, OR UNTIL LAST SIGN UP LIST IS FULL.
- ALL PERSONS WHO DECIDE TO DISRUPT VISITATION SIGN UP WILL BE ISSUED A 90 DAY CRIMINAL TRESSPASS WARNING
AND ASKED TO LEAVE.
- PLEASE DRESS APPROPRIATE FOR VISITATION OR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO VISIT AND WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.
- IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN, PLEASE KEEP WATCH ON THEM AND NOT LET THEM RUN AROUND THE LOBBY; OR YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.
You may write anyone as often as you wish, provided your letters do not in any way violate U.S. Postal Service regulations. To send correspondence to an inmate:
- Address the envelope to the inmate, using their first and last name.
- Complete the return address with your full name and address.
Any letter without a return address that is not deliverable will be returned to the post office
Ex: Angelina County Jail
C/O Inmate’s Full Name
P.O. Box 114
Lufkin, TX 75902-0114